Do or Die (Line Drives)
The more fly balls the players see the more routine it will become in game scenarios. This drill allows for fly balls every 7 seconds making practice extremely efficient.
- Set the R2 () at home plate and angle to delivery fly balls to all fields.
- Stack your outfield with all available players (Y) and place them in rotation to receive the play.
- Shoot Do or Die line drives in the direction of the outfielder, rotating between positions.
- Position outfielders at regular depth in the outfield to allow players to run react to the baseball.
- Player must decide if he is going to attempt to catch the baseball or play on a hop.
- Communication is key on balls that are in between both fielders.