Eliminating the Extra Base
Focusing on eliminating runners from taking the extra base can help save runs throughtout the season.
- Set the R2 () at home plate and angle to deliver ground balls and line drives into the outfield.
- Stack your outfield with all available players (Y) and place them in rotation to receive the play.
- Position outfielders at normal depth in the outfield.
- Shoot ground balls and line drives into the gaps and down the foul line.
- Outfielders can work on taking the proper angle to the baseball and utilizing the spin and throw technique.
- Communication is key on balls that are in between both fielders.