Overhead/Deep Fly Balls & Running Down/Tracking
The more fly balls the players see the more routine it will become in game scenarios. This drill allows for fly balls every 7 seconds making practice extremely efficient.
- Set the R2 () at home plate and angle to delivery fly balls to all fields.
- Stack your outfield with all available players (Y) and place them in rotation to receive the play.
- Shoot deep fly balls by adjusting the speed and angle of the machine directly over the heads of the outfielder.
- Position outfielders at shallow depth in the outfield to allow players to run back for the baseball over their head.
- Communication is key on balls that are in between both fielders.